Tuesday, August 3, 2021

School Counselor Introduction

I wanted to take a moment to introduce myself =) My name is Angie Lee, and I will be the new school counselor at MCHS. This will be my 8th year as a school counselor. Prior to my role at MCHS, I was at Illinois Valley Central High School. I was the special education counselor; my caseload consisted of all students with IEPS, 504 plans, and the students at their alternative school. I have worked closely with my students and their families to ensure academic success. In addition, I held several small groups and assisted in classroom accommodations and modifications. I loved my role at IVC, but I could not pass up working in this district. I have lived in Manito since 2009. Josh and I have 4 year old boy/girl twins so working in the district would allow me to be more involved in my kids' academic journey. I am grateful for our district and all the opportunities they provide our youth. There is great power in connecting families, schools, and the community. Prior to this role opening, I wanted to invest more in our town and joined the Midwest Central Athletic Booster Club. Currently, I am the acting President, and I have thoroughly enjoyed working with school officials, athletes, and their families. A few tid bits- I have a lot of energy, and I love people. People are a huge part of my purpose in life. I look forward to connecting with each of you! Although it was sad to leave my IVC family, I am extremely excited to build those relationships with you! If you have any questions or concerns, please reach out! I will be at registration this Thursday, August 5th, if you have any concerns with your schedule or just want to say hello =) My official start date is August 9th. See you soon Raider Fam!!

No comments:

Post a Comment